It works to some degree with "mvn eclipse:eclipse". It creates a .project
and .classpath file, but not for all folders. Maybe it is because they are
just containers, like "examples" folder.

However it does not create these files for
https://github.com/jbehave/jbehave-site<https://github.com/jbehave/jbehave-site/tree/master/site-frontend/src/site/content>
for
some reason, although "site-frontend" for instance appears like a project
to me.

After "mvn eclipse:eclipse" has run, they are no Maven projects in Eclipse
since the .project file has no Maven nature configuration inside it.
Instead there is a comment: "NO_M2ECLIPSE_SUPPORT: Project files created
with the maven-eclipse-plugin are not supported in M2Eclipse."

Still it helps using mvn eclipse:eclipse I think.