No, GivenStories can only be used at the start of the scenario.

Yes, composite steps is a viable option for your need.

Alternatively, we could envisage defining composite steps in the textual scenario where the source is a snippet of steps.

Given file://path/to/some.steps

Just an idea, not quite thought through though ...

Cheers