Hi,

You can have annotations in Java files where the step mappings are defined.

So in the same java class where your @Given, @When @Then appears, you can
write methods annotated with:
@BeforeStories
@BeforeStory
@BeforeScenario

and

@AfterScenario
@AfterStory
@AfterStories.

That/those methods will be executed automatically at the given time, as the
annotation's name tells :).  See
http://jbehave.org/reference/stable/annotations.html.

Regarding exclusions, you can have in a Story file:

Scenario: The normal user has no Administrator menu
*Meta:*
*@skip*

Given normal user logged in
When listing menu items