Hello,

I was trying to create a local ssd disk (NVMe) to my vm instance on GCE and
i got this null pointer exception

! java.lang.NullPointerException: Null sourceImage ! at
org.jclouds.googlecomputeengine.domain.AutoValue_AttachDisk_InitializeParams.<init>(AutoValue_AttachDisk_InitializeParams.java:24)
~[google-compute-engine-2.1.1.jar:2.1.1]
! at
org.jclouds.googlecomputeengine.domain.AttachDisk$InitializeParams.create(AttachDisk.java:52)
~[google-compute-engine-2.1.1.jar:2.1.1]

AttachDisk nvme = AttachDisk.create(AttachDisk.Type.SCRATCH,
    AttachDisk.Mode.READ_WRITE, null, null, false,
    AttachDisk.InitializeParams.create(null,null,
        null, diskType), true, null,
    AttachDisk.DiskInterface.NVME);

Jclouds complains that the sourceImage is null, however, the source image
is not needed for the local-ssd diskType.

Is there is another way to create local ssd disks in GCE using jclouds?

As a workaround, i marked the sourceImage in AttachDisk.InitializeParams as
Nullable, and recompiled the jclouds code. That seems to fix my issue.

Regards,
Mahmoud