I would suggest a simpler setup to get started...

1) on your proxy configuration (on IE) uncheck the Bypass proxy for local...
Basically use the JMeter proxy for ALL requests. Keep in mind, if your JBoss
server is on your local network, checking the "Bypass proxy for local..."
setting will not use the proxy for local IP addresses - so it would never
record on your proxy...

2) on JMeter, start JMeter, and only add the Proxy (nothing else). Do not make
any other config changes. Click Start (at the bottom of the proxy config page).

3) on IE hit your page (from your JBoss server).

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861