As mentioned, read up on Test Fragments and Module Controllers.

Also explore the use of properties files to seed your test variables. I
make functional tests that I use to assert the consistency of disparate
environments. I put all the environmentally unique variables (hosts, ports,
passwords...) into a single property file like so:
DEV.WEB.HOST=devserver.com
DEV.WEB.PORT=8080
PROD.WEB.HOST=myserver.com
PROD.WEB.PORT=443

I run my tests with something like: java -jar ApacheJMeter.jar
-JTARGETENVIRONMENT=PROD

Then I run a little script in the setup thread to use the right set of
properties based on the TARGETENVIRONMENT value

It's a little bit of setup work, but then serves me well in the long run.

Mark