From: derek kelly <dkman...@outlook.com>
Sent: Saturday, 5 August 2017 7:03 a.m.
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: OAUTH2.0 Authentication token

The way I learned was watching YouTube videos.

I don't know OAuth specifically, but maybe I can steer you in the right
direction.

You send your credentials to the authority
It responds with "keys", kind of like session IDs
You want to Add - Post Processors - Regular Expression Extractor
You designate where to look (body, response header, etc)
Reference Name is your variable name, which will be populated
Regular Expression is what to look for (creating that is part art, part science)
Template: I don't remember what this is.  I have $1$ in a sample, so I think
it's what to grab based on the hit.
Match No you can leave blank for "grab the first hit"
Default Value: Put whatever you want the variable filled with when no hit is
found.  I have "bad_data" in my sample.

You may need to grab multiple pieces of data so you can send those back in
subsequent calls.

It's really useful to record once so you can look at the result tree and study
what pieces of data are going back and forth.