Am 14.02.2018 um 14:49 schrieb Steven Allison:
Hi,

Recently I upgraded from Apache JMeter 2.13 to JMeter 3.3 and have encountered
some difficulties with the Cookie Manager, which I wanted to ask about.

For a scenario that worked fine in v2.13 when I switched to v3.3, I noticed
that I was receiving errors in the error log of the following ilk:

ERROR o.a.j.p.h.c.HC4CookieHandler: Unable to add the cookie
org.apache.http.cookie.MalformedCookieException: Blank or null value for domain
attribute

This message wants to tell you, that the cookie value is invalid (from a standards point of view). If you don't want to fix or are not able to fix the application setting the value, you can change the "Cookie policy" from "standard" to something less strict like "default".

More information about the modes can be found at https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/statemgmt.html#d5e515 which can be reached from our documentation at http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Cookie_Manager

Regards,
 Felix

                 at
org.apache.http.impl.cookie.BasicDomainHandler.parse(BasicDomainHandler.java:60)
 ~[httpclient-4.5.5.jar:4.5.5]
                 at
org.apache.http.impl.cookie.RFC6265CookieSpec.parse(RFC6265CookieSpec.java:181)
~[httpclient-4.5.5.jar:4.5.5]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HC4CookieHandler.addCookieFromHeader(HC4CookieHandler.java:125)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager.addCookieFromHeader(CookieManager.java:361)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.saveConnectionCookies(HTTPHC4Impl.java:1583)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:528)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1189)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1178)
 [ApacheJMeter_http.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.executeSamplePackage(JMeterThread.java:490)
 [ApacheJMeter_core.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.processSampler(JMeterThread.java:416)
[ApacheJMeter_core.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:250)
[ApacheJMeter_core.jar:4.0 r1823414]
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131]

The scenario runs to completion and is stepping through appropriately but each
time an HTTP request is made, another error is added to the log.

Research revealed that others have encountered this, with the suggestion of changing
"CookieManager.check.cookies=false" in the jmeter.properties file. The error still persisted
however.  Another suggestion was to change the implementation in the Cookie manager but this is not an option
in newer versions of JMeter (available in 2.13 but not 3.3 or 4.0).  Coincidentally when I changed the
implementation in JMeter 2.13 from "HC3CookieHandler" to "HC4CookieHandler" I got the
same errors in there too.

It might be worth noting that this only occurs with tests for a specific
project.  Other projects moved from JMeter 2.13 to JMeter 3.3 seamlessly.  The
concern is that for larger tests at higher volumes, although the scenarios
work, the JMeter log fills up with these error messages for every single hit.
I am wondering if there is a way around this and why it only seems to occur in
most recent versions of JMeter?

Finally the cookie that is being returned is along the lines of the following.

".ASPXAUTH={token}; path=/; expires=Sun, 18-Feb-2018 12:32:10 GMT; domain="

Regards

Steven