From: Andrew Burton [mailto:andrewburtona...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 9:24 PM
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Subject: Login-specific test data

 Hi list,

I have a scenario where we authenticate a user into an application, however
each user has visibility only to a subset of total data, so providing input
data for entities needs to be tied to the user login somehow.

As an analogy, user logging in as a "department manager" would only have
visibility on the "employees" in his section.

I thought about something similar to this: https://stackoverflow.
com/questions/40634030/how-to-avoid-duplicate-usage-of-
users-from-csv-file-in-jmeter - but that is tied to a login's place in the
input file, which isn't necessarily guaranteed.

Another option I considered might be having a hashmap of data keyed by the
username it pertains to. So, for example, 1 user login key might have the value
in the hashmap of an array list, which can be randomly selected from on each
iteration.

This starts to get a little complicated, so before I start, I wondered has
anyone else had a similar use case? Curious to see other thoughts/strategies
behind solving it.

Regards

Andrew
  • ... Andrew Burton
    • ... Herbener, Martin - Division of School Technology Planning and Project Management
      • ... Stuart Kenworthy
        • ... Andrew Burton