Hello,
This is due to preferences management.
Since you use different instances, the last one updates them for others but
others are not aware.

I don't know if it should be considered as a bug ?
In order to fix it we should have a way to identify every JMeter instance
(by its home ?) and set this as a key prefix in preferences.

Open a bugzilla anyway, we'll see.

Regards

--
Cordialement.