Från: Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Skickat: den 7 april 2021 14:39
Till: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Ämne: Re: Jmeter not substituting variable in CSV Data Set Config

Hello Krister,

I'm sorry for your experience in this mailing list, the person who tried to
help you here is not a member of the project.
I guess his contributions help users, but sometimes the tone used is not the
most appropriate.

Now, regarding the order of execution, I was not working on the project when it
was decided, but from my experience and understanding, the order is due to the
fact that in Configuration elements, we usually want to setup something before
executing any sampler, that's why the order in Plan does not apply and we rely
on scope instead as explained in reference documentation

   -
   https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#config_elements

Scoping concept is another very important concept to understand besides the
order:

   - https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/test_plan.html#scoping_rules

I agree it is not very intuitive for beginners  but it has pro/cons.

Regarding your case, having this in mind, you should rely on Properties instead
of Variables for CSV Data Set filename configuration, see this for Vars vs
Properties

   - https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html

I hope this helps.

Regards