Hi Niranjan,

thanks for your interest in contributing to JMeter.

There are many ways, you can contribute to JMeter.

* You can try to answer questions that are posted on the users mailing
list (or the dev mailing list, of course)
* You can have a look in the bug tracker and look for open tickets or
tickets that need info and try to
  - replicate the issues
  - provide some info that has been asked for
  - fix the issue ;)
* You can look for questions/answers on the mailing list and try to
match them with our documentation and fill in the missing pieces

If you are "only" interested in the coding part, I would suggest to

* subscribe to the dev@ list
* checkout the sources from out git repo
* build a running JMeter version for yourself

After you have done that, look at those things, that interest you most
and look for open tickets in that area.

If you found an interesting ticket, tell the dev list about your
interest in it. Sometimes old devs have some strange thoughts on the
importance of some issues or strong feelings how they should be tackled.

If you don't find an interesting ticket, tell us more about your level
of confidence in the different technologies JMeter uses/you want to
learn more about (JMeter uses Java, Groovy, Gradle, XSLT, XML,
JavaScript, HTML, Git, ...) that way, we can hopefully find some things
you can contribute.

Felix