*From: *Kiran Badi <mailto:kiranb...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
*Sent: *20 July 2022 20:02
*To: *user@jmeter.apache.org
*Subject: *Re: Jmeter | Connection Reset error

CAUTION: This E-mail has been received from an external source. Please review carefully before clicking on any links or opening attachments.

 try these steps,
1. Open the application on test machine browser. 2.Export the certs from browser in the format you want. Please see this link How to save a remote server SSL certificate locally as a file

|  |  |

|  |
How to save a remote server SSL certificate locally as a file

I need to download an SSL certificate of a remote server (not HTTPS, but the SSL handshake should be the same as...

3. Import it in the JRE store as trusted cert which is used by Jmeter. Adding a certificate to JRE trusted certificates stores.

|  |  |

|  |
Adding a certificate to JRE trusted certificates stores.

Adding a certificate to JRE trusted certificates stores. - add-certificate-to-java-cert-store.md

4. You also use  keystore explorer for step 3 to manage, update and validate your certs. It will make your life easier. Just make sure you close cert in keystore explorer after making changes.(KeyStore Explorer

|  |
KeyStore Explorer

Kai Kramer

KeyStore Explorer is an open source GUI replacement for the Java command-line utilities keytool and jarsigner. K...

)5. now try recording and observe the jmeter logs.
you are getting connection reset error because your handshake is probably failing. So i order to debug this you need to understand what type of SSL does your application support, 1 way ssl, 2 way ssl or something else. Once you know SSL and version, then understand cipher suites which are used by your application and then keep adding those to JRE if they don't exist in JRE.(Hopefully you might not need this step) Note that there are quite of bit use cases where cipher suites changed from JDK 8 TO JDK 11 or beyond. some were deprecated and no longer supported by Oracle JDK . Also it varies for JDK vendor to vendor. If this is your case, then take a look at bouncy castle library to fill those gaps or backport the jre folder from the supported version of JDK(Hmm might or might not work depending on JDK you are using). OpenSSL is good tool which will help you figure these changes provided you understand how to use it correctly and you know the exact issue to debug. Openssl has some learning curve associated with it.
I would expect that you might iterate a bit to resolve this issue.
Telnet and other ways are probably not reliable since not all system admins keep telnet ports open. Openssl , JRE keytool and keystore explorer is your friend if your application works via browser and not via JDK calls. Sometimes even these are not available, so you might have rely only on browser and jre keytool. however steps remains the same.