On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Up to now, AFAIK, it's not possible to define a feature with JDK specific
> bundles (the descriptor is static). You can add some JRE/JDK specific
> definition in etc/jre.properties but it's global to the kernel (not
> dedicated to a given feature).
>
> Anyway, I think it's interesting.
>
> We can extend the feature deployer to support this kind of "conditions".
>
> I'm gonna raise a Jira task around this.

Thanks for the reply.

For example the camel-jasypt feature requires a IBM bundle to work on
JDK 1.5, where as on 1.6+ it works fine without.
So would be nice to have such an option in the feature.

A bit more extreme option could have an option for the OS. So you can
add bundles depending on the OS, for example AIX may require some
special bundle.
Well in fact its more a difference between IBM and SUN JDK. So maybe
an option for that.
Anyway that may be a bit over the top.

--
Claus Ibsen