As you noticed, scr 1.6.0 use the old felix shell which is different
from gogo, so that won't work unless there's a bridge somewhere.
For scr trunk, not sure why it doesn't work.  Can you first check if
the command is actually registered in the registry using the osgi:ls
karaf command  ?
If the command is registered but isn't available, that's a bug in
Karaf console.  If the command isn't registered, a suspect an
exception to be thrown in the ScrCommand#register() method.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet