-b is a specific parameter used by JBoss. JBoss populates several args with that in the jboss-service.xml.

To set the IP address used by the RMI server (in any system), you have to use the following Java arg:

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=

If you use 0.0.0.0 it will be bound to all IP address:

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=0.0.0.0

You can bind to a specific IP address or hostname:

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

You have to set that in the karaf startup script.

You have the detail of the RMI properties here:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/rmi/javarmiproperties.html