Using peaberry, I have bundle A which exports a service and bundle B which
uses the service.

Using the vanilla felix installation I can restart bundle A and bundle B
then uses the new instance.
Under karaf, when I restart bundle A bundle B gets restarted too.

Is this a karaf feature? Is there a way to switch off this feature? I am new
to osgi so maybe there is a different way to do this.

Essentially I am trying to find the best way to redeploy new code without
disrupting the dependencies (with or without peaberry). Maybe services
should never keep a reference to another service and lookup the service on
every use?

Any pointers would be appreciated.