I think you have to.  The OSGi framework is not mandated to log bundle /
service events, and Felix Framework does not, so you could either use a
BundleListener or an EventHandler and log the events yourself.

If you already use Camel, you could also look at
http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2010/09/two-karaf-related-camel-components.htmland
use the event component to grab osgi events and log them using the log
component.

--
Guillaume Nodet