Let's not confuse blueprint with spring. Blueprint is a declarative way to
work with OSGi services and Spring is a framework for creating applications.
I don't think that Aries has the same focus with Spring but with SpringDM.

You can always use both, if you have to go with Spring.

If I had to use Spring, I would use it only where its necessary and for
managing services etc I would use Aries.
Example:
In Cellar 90% of the modules use Aries, but there is a single module that
uses Spring/SpringDM. We don't have any problem with that.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**