Hi Xilai,

The output is misleading, due to a bug. What actually happens is that all
commands timeout after 10 seconds, but the ping command does not properly
handle the timeout resulting in this false output.
I think that this issue happens when pinging nodes on separate groups. Could
you please file a jira about it?

On 9 Φεβ 2012, at 12:25 μ.μ., Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Xilai,
>
> Some questions:
>
> - Which Cellar version ?
> - Which kind of discover used (static, unicast/multicast) ?
>
> If you do a system ping, what kind of latency do you have ?
>
> I tried on my VM without problem.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 02/09/2012 10:52 AM, XiLai Dai wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I try to run cluster:node-ping command with Karaf + Cellar cluster env,
>> it always give a reply with about 10 seconds delay time if the target node
>> is on the other machine.
>>
>> karaf@trun>  cluster:node-ping 192.168.2.104:5701
>> Pinging node 192.168.2.104:5701
>> PING 1 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
>> PING 2 192.168.2.104:5701 10001ms
>> PING 3 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
>> PING 4 192.168.2.104:5701 10000ms
>>
>> Is it Ok or any configuration need to be set? Or it's a known issue.  Thanks!
>>
>> Regards.
>> Xilai
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré