Hi Karabo,

I am using eclipse to work with Karaf but I do not use any special karaf plugins. So my aproach may work for you too.

I use the maven bundle plugin to create my bundles in the maven build. So you need a maven integration that works with this. In this
regard Intellij is probably even better than eclipse.

The next thing is debugging. I use the karaf remote debugging with the env variable KARAF_DEBUG=true. Then I simply use the eclipse remote debugging. This works very well. The last piece you may be missing is good support for updating changed code during a debug session. Karaf supports this using the "dev:watch *" command. When this is active you simply need to run mvn install on the bundle you changed and it gets automatically updated in the running karaf instance. You can then continue your debug session.

While a tighter karaf integration may be nice I never really needed it.

Christian