Hi,
this seems a common issue while working with Aries JPA:

from Stack Overflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9430270/enterprise-osgi-frameworks-maturity-comparison-apache-aries-vs-eclipse-gemini):

3: As I like using JTA it was no option for me to use Gemini at all. I used
Aries JPA for quiet a while and I was satisfied with it. As I work with many
colleagues I am responsible for their effectiveness. With Aries JPA I had
the problem that it did not wait for DataSourceFactory services (if db
connection is defined in the persistence.xml) or the DataSource services (if
jta-data-source or non-jta-data-source) is defined. It meant that the bundle
starting order matters when you use Aries JPA.

You can find some more info here:
http://everit.org/osgi/jpa/org.everit.osgi.jpa.container/
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-840

Is there anyone aware if this issue/behaviour has been taken into account by
Aries team?