This is a little embarrassing considering I have been meddling around with
Karaf for a while now.

I have a service implementation bundle and a CXF-REST bundle. If I throw in the
REST bundle before the ServiceImpl bundle into my deploy folder, it waits for
the service bundle for a few seconds and then goes into a Failed state.
Obviously, all goes well if I do it in sequence - ServiceImpl first and REST
next. I wanted my REST service to wait forever until the ServiceImpl is
deployed (just like the rest of the OSGi bundles)

My guess is that there is some place where I should be increasing the timeout
to wait forever. This guess is based on the fact that for a PaxExam test, I
should do so.

@Inject
@Filter(timeout = 300000)
BootFinished bootFinished;
(source : KarafTestSupport.java)

Am I looking at the wrong place or should I be looking at other places for
hints like Activator or Import/Export packages?

My REST maven-bundle-plugin looks like this :

    <build>

        <plugins>

            <plugin>

                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>

                <extensions>true</extensions>

                <configuration>

                    <instructions>

<Bundle-SymbolicName>${project.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>

                        <Bundle-Version>${project.version}</Bundle-Version>

                        <Bundle-Activator>xxxx.xxx
.rest.Activator</Bundle-Activator>

                        <Import-Package>*</Import-Package>

                    </instructions>

                </configuration>

            </plugin>

        </plugins>

    </build>

I understand that deploying as a .kar file along with the the rest of the
libraries (I deploy the dependencies as a .kar) would solve it but I do not
want to do that for the REST and Impl bundles because of faster deployments
(and bandwidth sizes - I am on EC2).

Cheers,
Arun Manivannan