Hi,

I had the same problem and I solved it by configuring the
maven-resources-plugin to copy the resources into the target/assembly
directory.

Example:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>default-resources</id>
      <phase>prepare-package</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>copy-resources</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
        <outputDirectory>${basedir}/target/assembly</outputDirectory>
        <resources>
          <resource>
            <directory>${basedir}/src/main/filtered-resources</directory>
            <filtering>true</filtering>
            <includes>
              <include>**/*</include>
            </includes>