Hi all,

following up on the latest issue with bundle:watch I have a related
question. I am using the "standard" (as in documented here
<http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html>)
way to construct a Karaf instance which would run my feature (and a few
related ones). Both feature and distribution are created with
the karaf-maven-plugin, so all bundles get installed into the system
repository to make a self-sufficient distribution.

However, what if I want to do bundle development with this setup? I have
tried to use bundle:update in this scenario, but enabling DEBUG log output
confirmed my suspicion: Karaf does not look in my local Maven repository
for updated SNAPSHOT bundles; it just grabs it from the system repository
[1] - where it is not updated, of course, when I call mvn install for a
bundle project.

My question is therefore: what do you suggest as a "least effort"
development cycle, involving bundle:update and (when it works again)
bundle:watch? A link to a blogpost, a few lines of description, anything
will help :-) Google did not really turn up something for me...

Best regards,
Oliver

[1] Log from a bundle:update call:

2014-10-17 20:31:52,039 | DEBUG | h for user karaf | Connection
          | 1 - org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn - 2.2.0 | Resolving
[mvn:obfuscatedgroupid/obfuscatedartifactid/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT]
2014-10-17 20:31:52,039 | DEBUG | h for user karaf |
DefaultLocalRepositoryProvider   | 1 - org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn - 2.2.0 |
Using manager SimpleLocalRepositoryManager with priority 0.0 for
D:\Dev\Eclipse\Misc\obfuscatedapp\karaf-application\application\target\assembly\system
2014-10-17 20:31:52,039 | DEBUG | h for user karaf | AetherBasedResolver
           | 1 - org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn - 2.2.0 | Resolved
(obfuscatedgroupid:obfuscatedartifactid:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT) as
D:\Dev\Eclipse\Misc\obfuscatedapp\karaf-application\application\target\assembly\system\some\where\obfuscatedartifactid\0.0.1-SNAPSHOT\obfuscatedartifactid-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar