James, I don't think JB cared. He was probably more than happy to have a
discussion than to have to simply walk through slides without any feedback.
At least that's how I prefer it.

Personally I think that OSGi is really a great way to make sure that people
get into the good practice about thinking about the full lifecycle of code,
not just developing it and starting it, but also shutting it down, and what
happens when dependencies are not present or shutdown.

In that regard I've seen that in our team since we switched to OSGi,
although it took a little investment in terms of getting used to it, people
are a lot more productive because they can focus on the module they are
building without having to restart the whole container. This is a huge
improvement over Docker type of deployments where rebuilding and restarting
a container can take a lot longer to test a single change.

I believe that OSGi is also more than proven since it has been around for a
long time, and it is defined by a standard body that is quite significant.
I just wish it would get adopted more, and hopefully Karaf will help with
this effort.

Not to make me say that Docker or Spring Boot or the Play Framework don't
have their merits, but I think that it is not enough to look at the time to
get started, it is also important to look at the TMDT (an acronym I just
made up : Total Maintenance and Deployment Time :)).

cheers,
  Serge...

- -- --- -----=[ shuber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
CTO & Co-founder - Jahia Solutions Group, 9 Routes de Jeunes, 1227 Acacias,
Switzerland
twitter: @sergehuber <https://twitter.com/sergehuber>

<http://jahiaone.com/register>
JahiaOne <http://www.jahiaone.com/>, our international user conference is
back! June 10-12 in Paris - Grab your tickets now <http://www.jahiaone.com/>
!

Jahia is a leading open source User eXperience Platform (UXP) vendor,
relentlessly working at transforming a siloed industry into a user-driven
one, beyond technology constraints - http://www.jahia.com