Seems to be an issue of the Aries Blueprint implementation. To me it seems
that the reference to the service (A1 or A2) is set when the component (X)
is created. It only takes those services into account which exist at that
moment. If later on another service with a higher ranking is added, the
reference is not updated.

As a workaround I've created a class which is a service reference listener.
When a service is added, the service, ranking and ID is wrapped in an object
and put into a TreeMap. The wrapper object implements compare to ensure the
correct ordering of the services. With this workaround it is possible to add
and remove new services with different rankings at runtime.

Regards
Jochen