No real doc unfortunately.

The spring part is a bundle which provides support for all spring
namespaces from blueprint.  You can mix and match spring / blueprint beans,
or can simply import a set of spring xml using <bean:import/>
This include support for the main spring namespace, but also support for
spring custom namespaces such as util, tx, etc...  Interactions with the
OSGi registry must be done using blueprint.
You can find an example at

https://github.com/apache/aries/blob/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-testbundles/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint/config.xml

The extender part is really built on top of the above but aims to be a
replacement at the deprecated spring-dm (which does not support spring 4.x)
for exemple.
Spring-DM bundles are supported out-of-the-box using the bundle.
Interaction with the OSGi registry can be done using the spring osgi custom
namespace.
You can find a sample bundle at
  https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-testbundlee

Guillaume