From: Sergiy Shyrkov <my.public.mail...@gmail.com>
Date: 18/07/2016  18:10  (GMT+01:00)
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Karaf Cellar - Overriding BundleEventHandler

Hello,

I would like to override or extend the functionality of the:
org.apache.karaf.cellar.bundle.BundleEventHandler

in order to implement "synchronous" handling in our code as we expect
bundle operations to complete before the call returns. I was already
asking in the list about implementing synchronous behaviour for bundle
operations, but have not got any hints so far.

I am able to register my own handler implementation for the
ClusterBundleEvent.class and disable via org.apache.karaf.cellar.node.cfg
the original one.

But my issue is that the EventHandlerServiceRegistry stores only one
handler instance per event type. So whenever my instance is registered
first, the registration of the disabled BundleEventHandler overwrites it
in the registry.

Would someone have any hints on how to solve this "issue" without forking
the code base of Cellar?

Thank you in advance for any clues!

Kind regards
Sergiy