Hi Marc,

The OSGi Remote Services specification (and the associated Remote Service Admin sepc) defines a standardized way to export OSGi services for remote access. The specification is defined in a way that allows the use of arbitrary distribution providers that are responsible for making the OSGi service accessible from outside of the OSGi process.

ECF [1] has an implementation of these specs that supports many distribution providers [2], including two that I'm working on now that supports any Jax-RS implementation (i.e. both CXF and Jersey). These two distribution providers are here [3] and I'm finalizing them for an initial release. Note that for these providers, in addition to specifying jax-rs resources via OSGi services, the jax-rs configuration (e.g. MessageBodyReader/Writers, Features, etc) can also be specified via OSGi services.

Scott

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Distribution_Providers
[3] https://github.com/ECF/JaxRSProviders