On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 8:19 AM,  <t...@quarendon.net> wrote:

>> On 20 September 2016 at 12:52 Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com> wrote:
>>

>> I build all my features with the karaf-maven-plugin.
>>

> I don't use Maven, I use eclipse and bndtools, hence gradle as my build
> environment. Since I didn't have to do anything at all to get the gradle
> command
> line build set up, it was just generated for me, I'm reluctant to start
> manually
> setting up a maven build environment. Ideally I want to just generate a
> feature
> xml file out of the bndtools environment somehow.

In the simple case, a feature is just a collection of the maven
repository coordinates of a set of bundles that want to travel around
together. The Maven tooling creates these by waking the Maven
dependency graph. It doesn't always work perfectly, since many OSGi
bundles in Maven Central have unhelpful dependencies declared.  I
don't have any experience in gradle plugin creation, so I can't advise
as to the difficulty level here of stirring up something.