I’ve created a fileinstall Jira on this.

Scott

From: Guillaume Nodet [mailto:gno...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:04 PM
To: user <user@karaf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Question regarding .cfg files and configuration records

I would consider that a file install bug ...
Given file install store the file name in the config, it should be able to see
if it has been deleted when restarting.

<slesc...@medline.com<mailto:slesc...@medline.com>>:
I’ve noticed that if a .cfg file is deleted while Karaf is running, the
associated configuration record is deleted from Configuration Admin as well.
OTOH, if the file is deleted while Karaf is NOT running, the associated
configuration record is retained. I would have expected that records for files
that no longer exist would be deleted when configuration admin service starts.

Anyway, I assume this is a felix.fileinstall thing really, but I’m wondering if
this dichotomy is by design or simply an artifact.  I just verified that this
still occurs in Karaf 4.0.6 so this is current behavior.

Scott

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gno...@redhat.com<mailto:gno...@redhat.com>