First off all thanks for the quick responses.

@Benson

RAT complains about missing apache license header within the files:

tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/LocalDependency.java
jaas/modules/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/krb5/Krb5LoginModule.java
jaas/modules/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/krb5/Krb5LoginModuleTest.java

I added the missing licenses header and that worked. The build is some
steps further. But I don't understand why the license header issue happens
just to me and not to you all.

No the build complains about failed tests within karaf-maven-plugin:


[INFO] Build Summary:
[INFO]   Passed: 18, Failed: 5, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] The following builds failed:
[ERROR] *  test-run/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  test-repository-dependencies/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  test-assembly/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  test-assembly-prop-edits/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  test-feature-use-version-range-transfer-properties/pom.xml

I will try again this evening.

@Christian
Yes of course it is a jdk.

@Jean-Baptiste
Yes at work I am behind a proxy. But that should not be a problem, should
it?

Regards,
Thomas


On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
wrote:

> I suggest that you actually look at the RAT output file and see of
> what it complains.
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Christian Schneider
> <ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> > I just ran this with no problems.
> >
> > git checkout karaf-4.0.7
> > mvn clean install -DskipTests
> >
> > mvn -v
> > Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
> > 2014-12-14T18:29:23+01:00)
> > Maven home: /home/cschneider/java/apache-maven-3.2.5
> > Java version: 1.8.0_92, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> > Java home: /home/cschneider/java/jdk1.8.0_92/jre
> > Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> > OS name: "linux", version: "4.8.0-22-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
> "unix"
> >
> >
> > So you can experiment with a maven 3.2.
> > You should also check that you have the jdk not jre and that it is the
> > oracle one.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> >
> >
> > On 14.10.2016 14:09, Thomas Termin wrote:
> >
> > @Jean-Baptiste
> > mvn clean install -DskipTests results in:
> >
> > [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Total time: 7.785 s
> > [INFO] Finished at: 2016-10-14T14:06:08+02:00
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 76M/383M
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-
> plugin:0.11:check
> > (default) on project karaf: Too many files with unapproved license: 3 See
> > RAT report in: /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/target/karaf-4.0.7.rat ->
> > [Help 1]
> > [ERROR]
> > [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
> -e
> > switch.
> > [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
> > [ERROR]
> > [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please
> > read the following articles:
> > [ERROR] [Help 1]
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
> >
> > @Christian
> > Apache Maven 3.3.9
> >
> > java version "1.7.0_65"
> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
> >
> > and
> >
> > java version "1.8.0_40"
> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Thomas
> >
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Christian Schneider
> > <ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> What java and maven versions do you use?
> >>
> >> Christian
> >>
> >>
> >> On 14.10.2016 13:47, Thomas Termin wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Hello,
> >>>
> >>> why is it not possible to build the karaf source code? If I download
> the
> >>> src for 4.0.7 or checkout the tag and try to build karaf with mvn
> >>> -Pfastinstall I always get the output below. It seems that there are
> missing
> >>> dependencies on apache.commons. What do I wrong?
> >>>
> >>> Regards,
> >>> Thomas
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> >>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:compile
> >>> (default-compile) on project karaf-maven-plugin: Compilation failure:
> >>> Compilation failure:
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/Dependency30Helper.java:[22,
> 46]
> >>> package org.apache.commons.lang.reflect does not exist
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/
> Dependency30Helper.java:[22,1]
> >>> static import only from classes and interfaces
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/Dependency31Helper.java:[50,
> 46]
> >>> package org.apache.commons.lang.reflect does not exist
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/
> Dependency31Helper.java:[50,1]
> >>> static import only from classes and interfaces
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/Dependency30Helper.java:[22,
> 46]
> >>> package org.apache.commons.lang.reflect does not exist
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/
> Dependency30Helper.java:[22,1]
> >>> static import only from classes and interfaces
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/Dependency31Helper.java:[50,
> 46]
> >>> package org.apache.commons.lang.reflect does not exist
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/
> Dependency31Helper.java:[50,1]
> >>> static import only from classes and interfaces
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/Dependency30Helper.java:[95,
> 25]
> >>> cannot find symbol
> >>> [ERROR] symbol:   method
> >>> invokeMethod(org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingRequest,java.
> lang.String,org.sonatype.aether.RepositorySystemSession)
> >>> [ERROR] location: class org.apache.karaf.tooling.
> utils.Dependency30Helper
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> /local/tterm/apache-karaf-4.0.7/tooling/karaf-maven-plugin/
> src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/tooling/utils/Dependency31Helper.java:[91,
> 25]
> >>> cannot find symbol
> >>> [ERROR] symbol:   method
> >>> invokeMethod(org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingRequest,java.
> lang.String,org.eclipse.aether.RepositorySystemSession)
> >>> [ERROR] location: class org.apache.karaf.tooling.
> utils.Dependency31Helper
> >>> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
> the
> >>> -e switch.
> >>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> >>> please read the following articles:
> >>> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> >>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
> >>> [ERROR]
> >>> [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with
> the
> >>> command
> >>> [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :karaf-maven-plugin
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Christian Schneider
> >> http://www.liquid-reality.de
> >>
> >> Open Source Architect
> >> http://www.talend.com
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Christian Schneider
> > http://www.liquid-reality.de
> >
> > Open Source Architect
> > http://www.talend.com
>

Reply via email to