The best option is to:
  * fix the system bundle capabilities
  * use a dependency feature as you did

To fix the system bundle capabilities, depending on the framework used, you
can do something along the following:

org.osgi.framework.system.capabilities=\
   ...\
   ${${framework}-capabilities}

felix-capabilities=

equinox-capabilities=\
  osgi.service;effective:=active;objectClass=javax.xml.parsers.
SAXParserFactory

I haven't tested the above, but hopefully you'll get the idea.  It's
similar to what's done for the ${jre-${java.specification.version}}...

--
Guillaume Nodet