Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:41:26 +0200
Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> I think there's two questions:
>
> 1. Why does a refresh happen ?
> A refresh can happen for instance when an optional import is resolved
> (when installing a feature or a bundle) or when a new package version
> is installed matching a version range.
> So, especially in the case of optional import, you should check the
> import of your bundle.

OK, thanks.

> 2. Why does your bundle not able to refresh ?
> That's probably the most important. Maybe, you keep the bundle
> context as member of a class and so it becomes invalid after the
> refresh.

That’s possible in some cases. Our main issue is that some of our
bundles maintain state and don’t really like being stopped and started
(in particular, our persistence bundles and our clustering bundles).

> Before dealing with dependency or prerequisite, I would start to
> address those points.
>
> The dependency flag is not a "complete" inner feature, so it's normal
> that the feature is not installed if another one already provides the
> corresponding capabilities.

OK. Are capabilities here determined by explicit <capability/>
declarations in the feature XML, or are they based on bundle manifest
declarations?

Regards,

Stephen