I found this thread because of a similar need -- I store a configuration in
yaml format for a java application that I'm "OSGi-fying".  The flat
dictionary isn't going to work for me, nor is the
`${karaf.etc}/worker-config.yaml` method going to work (it won't monitor the
worker-config.yaml for updates!).

+jbonofre, you mentioned something about an adapter:

jbonofre wrote
> What do you mean exactly ? You want to load the yaml configuration in
> ConfigAdmin ? In that case, it's possible in an adapter.

That would be cool, but if it is even simpler, let's be format-agnostic, and
just implement and register a ManagedService.updated() function that gets
run any time the filesystem detects a change (along the lines of
java.nio.file.WatchService).  Send a null java.util.Dictionary object and
let the function sort out what changed, if anything.

Thanks in advance!