Fwiw, you should ask on the Aries mailing list, where tx-control is
developed.

I've recently worked on a new project called pax-transx which provides an
abstraction layer on top of transaction managers so that some features can
be accessed in a common way.  I think this should be used in tx-control
instead of wrapping the tm again and not being flexible.
Right now, tx-control uses its own instance of transaction manager and
there's no way around afaik, so you can't use the karaf transaction feature
if you want to use it.
Anyway, I'd gladly support you if you go to the aries mailing list to raise
this point !

--
Guillaume Nodet