Hello all,

I'm experiencing a considerable performance degradation as a result of
zombie log:tail commands. By zombie, I mean cases where the client session
terminates abruptly or due to timeout.
The performance degradation is caused by logging as a result of the
appenders trying to write to a terminal stream that is closed. In this
situation, for every character written to the appender, PrintStream will
call ensureOpen and thrown an IOException resulting in a considerable
performance penalty.
I'm running Karaf 4.1.3

Since the logging is provided by Pax Logging but the terminal is the realm
of Karaf I'm not sure where I should open an issue.
Thanks,

Regards,

João Assunção

Email: joao.assun...@exploitsys.com