When building a karaf distribution, I have my main features xml defined in
runtime scope but non of the features as installed or boot features.  This
results in the features xml file being copied to the system repository of
the distribution.  This is handy since I can skip the feature:repo-add
command when I then run the distribution to test it.  It appears that this
has the side effect that if you updated the features xml (such as when
testing snapshots), you can't refresh the features xml that is in the
system repository (well you can, but it won't pick up changes from the
maven repository), you have to rebuild the whole distribution.  I wanted to
find out if that is expected behavior and if the only option is to not have
the feature defined in the distribution so that it will be loaded and
refreshable from the local maven repo?

Thanks!

Ryan