Hi Alex,

I fully agree, and we know it's an area where we have to improve.

That's why we started a fully set of examples that will be:

1. part of the Karaf distribution
2. used in the itests to verify the behavior is correct.

You can find the WIP  on the example here:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/484

I'm still polishing/cleaning/adding examples but the idea is to provide a large
set of turnkey samples users can start with.

Please,  keep  me posted if you want to see additional examples for the first
inclusion.

Thanks !