Hi Alex,

It looks like you’ve managed to slide into a slightly awkward gap between the
expected ways of configuring your persistence unit.

The main issue here is that it is expected that you either include all
DataSource information and configuration in the persistence.xml, or you don’t
put anything into the persistence.xml at all and do everything in configuration
admin. The problem is that the configuration admin model does not support
setting JNDI names for the DataSources, only the use of DataSource factories.
This is why you end up getting errors about the configuration being
“incomplete” - the container gets confused about the mixture of sources of
datasource configuration data.

The best option I can come up with at the moment is to actually use the builder
yourself by doing something like:

@Component
public class EMFConfigurator {

    @Reference
    private EntityManagerFactoryBuilder emfb;

    @Reference
    private DataSource ds;

    @Reference
    private DataSource ds2;

    private EntityManagerFactory emf;

    @Activate
    void start(Map<String, Object> props) {
       Map<String, Object> jpaProps = new HashMap<>(props);

       jpaProps.put(“javax.persistence.jtaDataSource”, ds);
       jpaProps.put(“javax.persistence.nonJtaDataSource, ds2);

       // Or for resource local just use one non-jta datasource
       // jpaProps.put(“javax.persistence.dataSource”, ds2);

       // This line also causes the emf to be registered as a service
       emf = emfb.createEntityManagerFactory(jpaProps);
    }

    @Deactivate
    void stop() {
       // This unregisters the emf service
       emf.close();
    }
}

With a persistence xml containing:

        <persistence-unit name="responderPersistenUnit" transaction-type="JTA">
        </persistence-unit>

The configuration entries then target your component

        <config name=“pid.for.your.component”>
                emfb.target=(osgi.unit.name=responderPersistenUnit)
                ds.target="(osgi.jndi.service.name=responder)”
                ds2.target="(osgi.jndi.service.name=responder-non-jta)"
                hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MariaDBDialect
                hibernate.show_sql=false
                hibernate.format_sql=true
                hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto=none
        </config>