Thanks for the response.

So just to be clear, I’m correct in thinking that it should work?

From: Johan Edstrom [mailto:seij...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2018 4:47 PM
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Encrypting property values in .cfg files

I think I have that in a Jira someplace, otherwise
I have basic code for it against an older karaf
Sent from my pressure cooker.

On Nov 5, 2018, at 15:25, Leschke, Scott
<slesc...@medline.com<mailto:slesc...@medline.com>> wrote:
I’m looking to encrypt passwords the are currently in plaintext in a few of my
.cfg files.  I’ve looked at how to do that and it seemed reasonably
straightforward although I’ve had some difficulty getting it working.  I’m
wondering if there’s anything that prevents me from just supplying a service
myself that implements the org.jasypt.encryption.StringEncryptor interface
rather than using the Karaf jasypt-encryption service.

I’ve tried it but that doesn’t seem to want to work either so I’m wondering if
there’s a reason it doesn’t.

Scott