There are some fairly simple examples available in the enRoute project. In
general things should work as you expect, as long as you use the JAX-RS API,
not the Jersey API :)

The SSE from JAX-RS 2.1 definitely works (client and server side) with the
Aries implementation, so hopefully that will give you everything that you need.

Tim