I'm building a 4.2.2 custom distribution which is to be deployed to multiple
environments. Each env should have it's own config, but shouldn't know about
other env's configs. I wanted to use Karaf profiles but there isn't any
documentation on it, and I'm not sure if itll abide by the "no env should
know about other envs config" rule.

What's the best approach in this case? Ideally I'd like to have a config
file (containting values for things like http port) placed in each env then
picked up by Karaf when launched (before the bundles start up). The config
files in each env would have the same relative path from the karaf assembly.