I was just looking at what Project Loom
(https://jaxenter.com/project-loom-trend-watch-jvm-ecosystem-147448.html)
could mean for the JDK. Imagine having Java Fibers available in Karaf
you could build a highly scalable microservices platform that
maximizes hardware usage like crazy. If this is paired with an
optimized microkernel or lightweight OS it could be useful for use
cases ranging from embedded platforms all the way to complex workloads
for enterprise applications.

Regards,
  Serge...