Is there a karaf BOM that can be imported into <dependencyManagement> to
set versions of of maven dependencies to the same version as used by the
karaf version I'm currently targeting?

I googled a bit for it and found this thread from 2012 suggesting using
the karaf parent POM as a BOM.  Is this still the recommended approach?

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-should-provide-a-maven-BOM-td4020772.html

I have been using karaf since the autumn of 2016 and I suddenly was
struck by the thought that I haven't updated many of my build
dependencies for a very long time, and some of the depedencies have been
lagging a lot.

Things have just been working, so I haven't given it a thought.

If I could bump all of the karaf-related dependencies (i.e. pax-web,
pax-jdbc and more) by just bumping the karaf version number, that would
simplify POM maintenance for me.

Thanks!

- Steinar