Great, now you asked I have to come up with an explanation 😋

Like Karaf with OSGi being my unicorn in software.

Wiki extract:

The unicorn is a legendary creature that has been described since
antiquity...(of software science)
A symbol of purity and grace (practice long known theories, force modular
thinking and design), which could be captured only by a virgin. In the
encyclopedias, its horn was said to have the power to render poisoned water
potable and to heal sickness...(resolve a big ball of mud, I do not have a
analogy for the virgin yet:))
The unicorn continues to hold a place in popular culture. It is often used
as a symbol of fantasy or rarity...(it’s time to change that).