> No, provisioning once with @Configuration will be fine, if that
> actually loads the feature I'm adding.

> I just wasn't sure if @Configuration would work here, since the base
> class was different, and the example didn't use it, and I have never
> investigated how the setup of KarafTestSupport classes actually work.

> I thought maybe the installAndAssertFeature() function was necessary to
> load the feature? (but I have never investigated)

Well... that turned out to be much easier than I thought.

The BaseTest in

https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/main/itests/test/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/itests/DiagnosticTest.java
wasn't very mysterious...

https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/main/itests/test/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/itests/BaseTest.java

It's just a KarafTestSupport subclass that adds a @Configuration.

So what I did, was:
 1. Add the feaure to the feature repo option, ie change
     features(modelstoreFeatureRepo)
     features(modelstoreFeatureRepo, "modelstore.backend")
 2. Remove the following from all tests
     installAndAssertFeature("modelstore.backend");

and then all tests went green!

Amazing!

Looks like I was overcomplicating things?

Thanks all!