> You have databind twice there, I believe you will be needing annotations,
> core, and databind.

Indeed I do!  Bad copy/paste it looks like... well spotted!  Thanks!

I'm past needing the debug trace (I figured how to use a ScopeRunner
with ThreadLocalScopeManager in place of the Liquibase facade, and all
of the weird problems I've been having for a while, went away [1][2])

> I often use a particular service in my PaxExam tests, and its feature
> provisions those three Jackson artifacts, since the service uses
> Jackson internally. Skip gson..

Ok, thanks for the advice on gson.

> You can also provision using mavenBundle()-API in Pax Exam

Yeah, but it seemed simple to just add them as maven dependencies in a
feature that was loaded (except it didn't work, because I bungled the
copy paste).

I'm to tired to do it now, but I'll verify that it works with the three
bundles loaded.

(and maybe I'll do it like you said, using mavenBundle() instead of
polluting an innocent karaf feature...?)