> As pax-exam can fork the JVM to start Karaf, you need remote debugger.

Hm... but does it fork the JUnit test also?

That's where I'm trying to debug...?

Ah, but you're right! To be able to run the way it does, i.e. access
OSGi services created in karaf as Java objects, the JUnit test has to be
in the same JVM as karaf is running.

> Is it what you are doing ?

No, I think that would be hard here.

I use the remote debugger all the time with karaf proper, where it works
perfectly, I might add.

But in a pax exam karaf test I have time to set up remote debugging,
from the time the test starts and it ends.

I had hoped there was an eclipse run configuration that could be used,
maybe...?

I googled "pax exam eclipse run configuration" and found these two:
 https://stackoverflow.com/a/43149241

https://confluence.i2cat.net/m/mobile.action#page/17567089#HowtomakeanintegrationtestwithPaxExam-Debuggingyourtest

I'll dig deeper into these two.

Thanks!